Thursday, August 9, 2012

dog days of summer

       Summer is here. It was finally more than 80 degrees last weekend. It hasnt been that warm up here in over 2 years. I forgot what it felt like to be that warm outside. We have a new FK. He is great. He is quiet, polite. D plays well with other kids. We could not have asked for a bettter fit here in our little abode. Trying to get things organzied. Sometimes I feel as if I take one step forward and two back. Such is life. My little garden is putting out quite the amount of vegetables so far. For that I am thankful. There is nothing better than to go out and pick your own veggies for a salad. We are talking about building a green house to extend our growing season. I just need to figure out how to get one to fit at the south side of the house ( it gets the most sun).
    My chickens have begun to molt. I have only been getting 2-3 eggs a day. I asked the boys to cut back on the number of eggs they have been consuming so I have eggs for baking.
        I made my own granola last week. It was incredibly easy and cheap. I think it tastes a lot better than the granola you can buy in the store. I made 6 cups, its already half gone.Guess thats better than making something and having it go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment