Monday, August 13, 2012

Goals



    This was a picture I took a few weeks ago. It is located on Lake Union. Its a fern growing out of an old pier. It was really nice that day, so I took a walk to take advantage of the sunny weather we are typically devoid of.
    I have decided I am going to have my brood come up with some short term and long term goals. For example, my goal will be to create a menu for the next 2 weeks- I did this several weeks ago,it was helpful, especially when nights were chaotic. I would like my group to help think of ideas for what they would like to eat. My only complaint is that when it is hot, I lack the energy to cook.
    Another one of my goals has been to work on my budget. I have been doing that- I feel pretty happy with myself over that. My goal is to have it set before Jason leaves for school ( which is fastly approaching). Did I mention its suppose to be hot in the Seattle area this weekend, I have ordered approx 75 pounds of fruit to can? I like canning. Its satisfying to see how my hard work has paid off. I want to make pear sauce this year. That will be something new. My plan is to chart how much fruit I use, how much I make of what; so next year I will know if I need to increase or decrease the amount. For example; I made dill pickles. I dont know how many; I think 24 jars. I only have 9 jars left. I would not have any left had I not hidden some of the jars. The problem is I have no idea how many cucumbers ( weight ) I bought to make them. Just more goals for me :) Guess I need to tomorrow to begin to dig out my glass jars/canning seals so I can begin to prepare for this weekend. I'll post some pics of my progress when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment