Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September






Things continue to be chaotic here.
All the kids start school tomorrow. They objected when hubby kicked them out of bed this morning. He told them he wanted to make sure they were prepared to be ready on time tomorrow, lol.
Hubby had an interview today, he will be contacted within two days to let him know whether or not he got the job.

I canned 70 pounds of tomatoes and 125 pounds of peaches. By Saturday, I was tired of canning. It was so warm here Tuesday and Wednesday, I was scared that i may not get it all done in time. I spread the peaches out on my dining room table, I only had a few that were bad ( they were given to the hens). 

I worked out in my garden a bit.


These are the strawberry plants that volunteered themselves. I have a friend coming over tomorrow to get some. I think I may dig up what I can and free cycle the rest.

My garden is a mess. My lettuce bolted after the heat last week. My tomatoe plants are full though.



I picked a big bowl of tomatoes yesterday.

It rained all say Saturday. We purchased a rain barrel a couple weeks ago. It was full in a few hours.

 The crazy thing is out upper roof drains to the lower roof. So we will need to figure out how many containers we will need.


That can add up to a lot of water for the plants for next summer.


These are my newest projects. I am working on making the little kids finger puppets and a quiet book to play with in the car when we are on the road.

5 comments:

  1. This was the wrong day to visit. I've been craving a homemade peach cobbler ever since I started my diet three weeks ago. Again....thanks a lot. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bad. My co workers are always talking about what diet they are on. I tell them I like the see-food diet. I get some pretty good glares :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peaches and tomatoes are two of my top things to can if I were able to can right now. Green beans would be the third thing. I like your husband for getting them up a day early. They probably figured it was their last chance to sleep late. I did not allow my children to stay up late the week before school started. But, it all has to start with an early wake-up call so they will go to bed early...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomatoes growing here are hit and miss. Luckily, it's easy to get fruit over from eastern Washington. I've never grown beans, but I heard they, like zucchini, do well here.
      I don't let my kids stay up during the summer. They need to be in bed by 930. Instill have to work, and I don't like being woke up:)

      Delete
  4. I am in awe of your canning successes! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete