Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday

Well, quite a bit has been in the works the last couple weeks.
Hubby got a job. It's a temporary position, there's no benefits; but it's better than nothing. He has an 8 week contract that will probably last longer than that. He worked 60 hours this week. He figured work all he can now, to get us a little bit ahead. Hubby put in for a job in Utah. He is suppose to know in the next couple weeks if he gets the position. I don't really want to move, as two are in high school and my family lives in the area. My grandmothers health isn't improving, I don't want to leave to turn around and come home. I also have great neighbors. They are the best. We all watch out for each other's stuff, and help if needed. Everyone is kind and the kids get along too.
I finally got ahold of my foster kiddos grandmother. She sounds like a sweet lady. She told me that the plan is for the kids to move in December. We both feel it should happen before Christmas. Considering how slow the state moves, we shall see. I finally got our renewal packet filled out. I have to take it to the post office tomorrow.
I am off tomorrow, I have tons of stuff to do. We are going to take down the blue spruce out front. The roots are coming towards the house. I don't want to wait until my foundation is messed up to do something about it. I like the tree, but like my house better, ha ha ha.
Starting the beginning of November my hours will be cut. I am looking forward to it,nas I'll have more time to take care of things here around the house.
This weekend i unburied my desk, filed bills, and shredded lots of papers. I cleaned up my room. I went thru my books. I have a small pile for goodwill. I got all the laundry done too! Today it was nice outside for a bit, so the kids were outside playing. It's weird, last weekend it was 80 out. This weekend it was in the mid sixties. Last nite was a little odd. We had lightening for over an hour. The clouds were super dark. Not a good time to get gas, lol. It was odd to look towards the west and the sky was bright ( the sun was setting) yet in the east it was black.
I am going to try download my pics tomorrow. We went to the pumpkin patch yesterday morning and had a great time.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your hubby getting a job, even if it is temporary! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete