Saturday we went to Cal-Ranch to get some feed, and ended up with 4 chicks. They are so cute! They are Rhose Island reds. I got rid of most the wood from the trees that we had taken down. I mowed the front yard Saturday.
My plan for today ( Monday) was to spend part of the day doing yard work, then I was going to work on the housework. I ended up working all day on the yard. The one negative, I got sunburned. However, the backyard is finally looking good! I made three trips to the dump. The boys filled 8 bags with yard waste ( they didn't make it to the dump yet). We have lots of clover and weeds growing. My thought is, at least there is some type of vegetation growing. This weekend we are going to try to get the rest of the tree limbs loaded up and taken to the dump. Once they are gone, it will be that much easier to weed eat and mow the back.
My lettuce out front is growing well, and my strawberry plants have blossoms on them. The one area I was going to put my garden gets a lot of shade, starting around 2. Tha changes my plans a bit. I will probably garden in containers this year. By next year, I will be able to tell which area get the most sun. The nice thing is, our lot is like a blank canvas. I can create it to be whatever I want it to.